Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bikram Yoga

Bikram Yoga's twenty-six posture exercises systematically move fresh, oxygenated blood to one hundred percent of the body and health.

I have attempted 1 hot yoga class last year around July and was so overwhelmed I did not end up going back. I was also subscribed to Bikram's website, thus receiving great offers and advertisements. The last promotional offer I received was $40 for 1 month unlimited, which is an awesome deal seeing to as it is regularly $150/month. My girlfriend Dari and I attended our 1st class about a month ago and were not able to remain in the hot room for more than 45minutes due to feeling light headed, nauseous and finding it difficult to breathe. Sound pretty horrible eh? We stuck it out and attended our 2nd class, unable to get through all the postures but able to remain in the room. We are now attending our 17th class this month and absolutely love it. Hot yoga has taught us to control our breathing, focus and realize that our mind is in control of our body. The torturous 90min Bikram chamber is worth every second and dollar spent. My favorite part of the whole class is the last posture when you just lay there in corpse position and let your body take in and recover from the prior postures. Simply feeling your body melt into your mat as your mind wonders away into a sweet serenity, with absolutely no worries or negative thoughts. I also love that it has already increased my flexibility and I never thought I would ever enjoying stretching so much. I am choosing to continue my practice after my month trial is over at a great rate of $88/month *minimum 3 month lock in. 

Savasana - Corpse Pose

 A little history: Bikram’s Beginning Yoga Class is really a demanding number of 26 postures (asanas) and 2 breathing exercises (pranayamas) practiced inside a heated room, that is suitable for any age and amounts of ability. Each posture stretches and strengthens specific muscles, ligaments, and joints required for the next posture.

The creator: Bikram Chodhury

Bikram Yoga’s twenty-six posture exercises systematically move fresh, oxygenated blood to  one hundred percent of the body, to each organ and fiber, restoring all systems to healthy working order, just like Nature intended. Proper weight, tone of muscle, vibrant a healthy body, and a feeling of well being will automatically follow.
You can read further about the poses, their names and benefits here.


Bikram's 26 Postures:

The first 5-6 classes can be difficult but it is well worth it. Like Bikram says "the postures which are the most hardest or difficult for you are the ones that you need the most - lock the knees" 

I can say that I find inner peace within myself after each class - this is the greatest feeling in the world.

2 comments:

  1. i dunno mannn
    - nav

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, it's my first pay a visit at this web page, and post is actually fruitful for me, keep up posting such content.
    Also visit my web blog ; zumba clothes

    ReplyDelete