Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY Pics on Corkboard

A couple of weeks ago I was going through my external hard drive and realized that I had over 200 picture albums from 2005 of events attended, clubbing and a whole heap of random stuff. I just painted my room in the summer of 2011 and till today never got to posting everything back onto my wall. I then realized that I don't have any pictures of my friends displayed. I spent 3 nights filtering through all the albums to locate appropriate pictures that I can post in my room without my mom freaking out about the trashy/minimal clothing I used to wear in the younger days (so embarrassing & like what was I thinking?) and the fact that I had a drink in my hand in like 80% of my pictures (ha ha).

I was able to pick and choose a handful of pictures but was unsure on how I was going to display them. Originally I wanted to mod podge them on a board but that would have looked flimsy and lack a clean border. I then tested brushing mod podge on a picture which left it very streaky (I must lack the ability to mod podge accurately).

So then I went to Wal-Mart and bought a cork board and some clear pin tacks, which costs me well under $10. I took out a pair of scissors, made some minor snips in select pictures to make them all fit onto the board and went on a pinning splurge. I also went to the Dollar Store and purchased some cool crafty shapes with glitter and little sticky flowers that I just stuck on near rough edges.

This is what the final product looks like:


Not bad eh? Well I am very proud of my simple crafting skills and with the amount of pictures that I have printed, I will still be creating another board. YAY!!

2 comments:

  1. your diy skills are mighty fine !
    - nav

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the board :) I think it looks awesome! I love the bathing suit picture, we always looked the same on that vacation! Love it!!
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete